A massive undertaking like Robotech® RPG Tactics™ takes a lot of time and a lot of work by a lot of people, both at Palladium Books and at Ninja Division – not to mention Harmony Gold to review and approve art, writing, packaging and sculptures, as well as present notes about any changes. EVERYONE is putting in a great amount of time and energy to make this product line rewarding, fun and epic.
* The rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ have been play-tested like crazy by what I believe is 80-100 people (thank you everyone!). They have been reworked, tweaked and fine tuned to the point that they are pretty much done to everyone’s satisfaction. There are still some minor tweaks and adjustments to be made, but Ninja Division and all of us believe we have a solid set of rules that captures the action and capabilities of the TV show combined with fast game play and scalability from skirmish battles to mass combat. Fun, fun, fun.
* Palladium has its first draft written for most of the color text going into the 96+ page Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book.
* Box cover art is looking nothing short of awesome. You will see it in the Kickstarter.
* Interior rule book art and design elements are coming in at a rapid pace and looking excellent. You’ll see some of them in the Kickstarter.
* Final sculpts for UEDF and Zentraedi forces are also coming in and getting approved. How do they look? Mouth-watering. As die-hard Robotech® fans ourselves, the game pieces have to pass muster with us as well as Harmony Gold. Dedicated to quality, the Ninja Division crew of sculptors have been working diligently to make final 1/285th scale game pieces that Robotech fans will adore. You’ll see many of these in the Kickstarter.
* The Kickstarter is tentatively slated to launch next week sometime, but no promises. We want to do it right, and Ninja Division been has pounding away at it for a while now. Like I said, the scope of this undertaking is massive. Creating dynamic quality on every front takes time and a lot of hard work. There are a lot of moving pieces and a lot of people involved. Ultimately, we want an end result that makes you as excited and happy as we are about it.
* The ultimate scope of Robotech® RPG Tactics. What is revealed in the Kickstarter next week is just the beginning, and focuses only on the Macross Saga. If this Kickstarter and the full launch of the game to the retail market is the success we all expect it to be, this is very much only the beginning. Palladium Books plans to do game pieces and expansions for ALL the Robotech Wars and eras: Macross Saga, Masters Saga, New Generation and Shadow Chronicles. We would even like to produce a space combat game focusing on battles between spaceships. With the right resources and support, we plan to expand Robotech® to the heights of adventure us Robotech® fans have always wanted. Game on!